A Russian puppy has big paws to fill.
Russia has sent the puppy to France in tribute to the French police dog Diesel who was killed in an anti-terrorism raid after the Paris attacks, Sky News reported Saturday.
Diesel’s death prompted an outpouring of grief and Russia hopes the puppy named Dobrynya fills the void.
The Russian minister for internal affairs Vladimir Kolokoltsez wrote to his French counterpart Bernard Cazeneuve, offering the young canine as “confirmation of our solidarity with the French police in these troubled days,” according to Sky News.
Diesel was killed when police stormed an apartment in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis on Wednesday. ISIS terrorist Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 28, the mastermind of the Paris attacks that killed 130 and injured hundreds more was killed in the raid, officials said.
- FPL Bosses take note: Brendan Rodgers provides update on Jamie Vardy’s fitness ahead of Arsenal tie
- BMW offers Canadians solar panel discount if you buy their electric car
- Macron hails death of ISIS terrorist who killed US troops as major win
- Thomas Tuchel proven right about two Chelsea full-backs – one current & one former – in late win over Southampton
- Netanyahu claims ‘biggest win’ in Israeli elections, as partial results show short of majority
- How the rubber duck became a million dollar idea