ROME – A Turkish cargo ship has collided with another merchant vessel near an Italian port in the northern Adriatic, leaving five crew members missing in rough seas.
Coast Guard Capt. Massimo Mantarro told Italian state TV that six other crew members aboard the Turkish vessel were rescued and brought to safety on land in the port of Marina di Ravenna. He said the cause of the collision wasn’t yet determined, and that the Coast Guard was concentrating on rescue efforts.
Strong winds and choppy seas were complicating the search mission Sunday.
- Rebels kill 9, kidnap 47 in Congo, UN says
- UK inflation rate turns negative again
- David Silva returns to training with Manchester City ahead of Borussia Monchengladbach clash
- Ask the Market Experts: Which Female Entrepreneur Inspires You & Why?
- Manchester United reset sights on Saul Niguez but face tough task in prising Atletico Madrid starlet away
- Watch Your Back, Brother: How Hulk Hogan’s Sex Tape Affects Your Business