• Confusion remains regarding Kevin De Bruyne’s future at Wolfsburg
  • Manchester United’s Ed Woodward is in Barcelona to complete the £22million signing of Pedro
  • Celtic open talks with Dinamo Zagreb over defender Jozo Simunovic
  • CLICK HERE for all the latest transfer news

John Downes For Mailonline

  • John Downes

    Host commentator

ANTHONY HAY: AS claim Sevilla have rejected the chance to sign Red Devils outcast Victor Valdes, while the aforementioned Marca suggest his team-mate David de Gea has moved a step closer to joining Real Madrid.

The main transfer line in Italy surrounds Alex Sandro’s move to Serie A champions Juventus.

Juventus have agreed a £14million deal with Porto to sign Sandro. The Brazilian defender is expected to compete with Patrice Evra for the left back spot.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

Roberto Soldado has vowed to get back to his prolific best at Villarreal after ending a disappointing spell at Tottenham.

The 30-year-old striker scored just 16 goals in 76 appearances for Spurs and has returned to Spain after just two seasons in the Barclays Premier League.

Soldado joined Tottenham from Valencia in a then club-record £26million transfer and has arrived at Villarreal for a snip of that fee, reported to be around £7million.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

Swansea boss Garry Monk is happy with his squad and admits the club are unlikely to bring in any more new players before the transfer window closes on September 1.

The Swans have made seven signings this summer, bringing in midfielder Andre Ayew, defender Franck Tabanou, forwards Eder, Oliver McBurnie and Botti Biabi, and goalkeepers Kristoffer Nordfeldt and Josh Vickers.

‘I think we are done (in terms of adding), I am not actively looking for anyone,’ Monk told the South Wales Evening Post.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

New Watford signing Nathan Ake says Quique Flores’ record of bringing through young players convinced him that moving to Vicarge Road on loan from Chelsea was the ideal move for him.  

The Holland Under 21 international, who signed a five-year deal with Chelsea before joining Watford, was on loan at Championship side Reading last season and said he was eager to get a taste of first-team Premier League football.

And manager Flores, who has coached the likes of Atletico Madrid in the past, appealed as an option with his lack of fear in playing youngsters playing a key part. 

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

SIMON JONES: Southampton and Napoli are holding further talks over an £8.5million deal for defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

Sportsmail revealed last week that Southampton had made enquiries for the 24-year-old who can play at centre-back and centre midfield. 

They have made an offer for Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk but Ronald Koeman wants a deal done quickly following Saturday’s defeat to Everton. 

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

SIMON JONES: Everton have revived their interest in Andriy Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kiev.

The Ukraine attacking midfielder has been on the radar of Roberto Martinez since last season and was a former target for neighbours Liverpool. 

Martinez is considering a bid of around £10.5million, although Dynamo claim his buy-out clause is £17.5m.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

Former Newcastle United man Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is hoping his transfer to Lyon will help him regain a place in the French national team.

The defender signed a five-year contract last week after leaving Roma for an initial fee of £6million that could rise to £8m with bonuses.

‘I want to have a great season with Lyon,’ Yanga-Mbiwa said on Monday. ‘The aim is to finish top and then, once that’s done, why can’t I claim a place in the France team?’.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

SIMON JONES: Everton will reject Chelsea’s latest bid of £30million for John Stones.

Jose Mourinho is determined to sign the England international but Everton are equally bullish in their stance that Stones is not for sale.

Chelsea will return with an improved offer that will break the British transfer record for a defender but even that may not be enough. 

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

JOHN DOWNES: Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti has revealed that he is content at the Parc des Princes but is open to a move to the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A in the future.

Tellingly, the 22-year-old has spoken of his delight at Barcelona being linked with him, while noting his appreciation for the club’s philosophy.

The 12-capped Italy international is on the Blaugrana’s shopping list for January 2016, when their transfer embargo is lifted, after several scintillating displays for Laurent Blanc’s Ligue 1 champions.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

GAVIN MCCAFFERTY: Scott Allan declared himself unconcerned with any negative reactions to his move to Celtic as he stressed the switch to the Scottish champions was easily the best for his career.

The boyhood Rangers fan submitted a transfer request to Hibernian late last month amid several bids from Ibrox, but the Edinburgh club refused to sell to their Ladbrokes Championship rivals and Allan jumped at the chance to join Celtic when they made their move last week.

The 23-year-old said: ‘When I heard off my agent that Celtic were interested, for me it was an easy decision. To step up a league, the chance of European football, and to develop as a player, that’s why my decision was made.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

SAMI MOKBEL: Chelsea fear both Manchester clubs are secretly plotting moves to snatch John Stones from under their noses.

The Barclays Premier League champions are pursuing the England defender having already had two offers rejected by Everton.

Jose Mourinho is set to return with a third offer in the region of £30million before the transfer deadline, despite Roberto Martinez’s insistence that Stones is not available at any price.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

OLIVER TODD: New Chelsea signing Baba Rahman has offered his thanks to Augsburg and their supporters as he prepares to leave for London in a £21.7million move.

The left back, 21, has agreed terms, passed a medical and been allocated his squad number, 17, at Chelsea but his arrival has been delayed as he awaits the necessary work permit and visa applications to be processed.

In the meantime, he has offered a thank you message to the Bundesliga club and said that while he enjoyed his time in Bavaria, a move to Stamford Bridge was too good to turn down.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

MARK WILSON: Celtic have opened talks with Dinamo Zagreb over a fee for centre-back Jozo Simunovic.

Sportsmail revealed on Saturday that Simunovic is leading a list of potential replacements for Virgil van Dijk, who is a £10million target for Southampton. And it is understood Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell has now visited Zagreb for negotiations.

Reports in Croatia claim a proposal worth in excess of £3.5m was discussed during the trip, but that Dinamo president Zdravko Mamic is seeking a minimum of £4m up front.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

CHRIS WHEELER AND SIMON JONES: Manchester City still hope to add to their squad before the transfer window closes, but there is confusion surrounding the future of their £50million top target Kevin de Bruyne.

The Wolfsburg and Belgium winger, 24, stunned an audience at the SportBild Awards in Hamburg by saying he would ‘definitely’ be staying with the Bundesliga club.

But De Bruyne’s agent, Patrick De Koster, quickly insisted that was not the case and his player had been put in an ‘awkward’ situation. 

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

NEIL ASHTON and SAMI MOKBEL: John Terry feared he had been axed by Jose Mourinho after being left out of the team in training sessions leading up to the chaotic 3-0 defeat at Manchester City.

The Chelsea captain was initially replaced by 20-year-old central defender Kurt Zouma as Mourinho considered how to deal with Sergio Aguero’s pace at the Etihad Stadium.

Mourinho paired Zouma with Gary Cahill until a last-minute change of mind on Friday, when he reinstated Terry.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

IAN LADYMAN: Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward is in Barcelona to try and tie up the £22m transfer of Spanish international Pedro.

Woodward flew to Catalunya ahead of Monday’s Spanish Super Cup second leg between Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao at the Nou Camp.

It is understood that the Old Trafford chief hopes to take significant steps towards concluding a deal that has been slowed down by ongoing interest from Chelsea. 

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

{“id”:”3201899″,”channel”:”/sport”,”pageUrl”:”http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3201899/Transfer-news-LIVE-Manchester-United-Arsenal-Liverpool-FC-Chelsea-latest-plus-Premier-League.html”,”status”:”running”,”greenBox”:{“body”:””},”modifiedOrder”:2}

0
0

The Premier League is well and truly under way but there is still plenty of activity in the transfer window as managers attempt to put the finishing touches to their squads before this summer’s deadline.

Here, Sportsmail brings you all the latest transfer stories on Tuesday, August 18.

 

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

Who is this week’s top commenter?
Find out now