DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – The latest developments after Saudi Arabia severed diplomatic ties with Tehran amid a dispute over Riyadh’s execution of an opposition Shiite cleric and attacks on Saudi diplomatic posts in Iran. (All times local).
Iran has banned the import of goods from Saudi Arabia after the kingdom cut diplomatic ties over attacks on the Saudi embassy following the execution of a Shiite cleric.
Iranian state television made the announcement Thursday. It said the decision came during an emergency meeting of the Cabinet of President Hassan Rouhani.
Annual imports from Saudi Arabia total about $60 million a year and consisted mostly of packing materials and textiles.
Saudi Arabia severed ties with Iran on Sunday after crowds of protesters attacked two of its diplomatic posts in Iran. Those attacks came after Saudi Arabia executed a prominent opposition Shiite cleric over the weekend.
- Nearly 70 killed, more than 100 missing after landslide in Myanmar
- Science determines catchiest hit song of all time
- Australians to help look for Capt. James Cook’s historic ship in the US
- War drives ‘alarming’ global hunger
- Social Entrepreneurs That Are Changing the Developing World
- Blow To Rishi Sunak Campaign As Ex-Candidate Backs Liz Truss For Top Post
Comments are closed.