An explanation for Lionel Messi being photographed in the Spanish capital, Madrid, has now been provided.
Lionel Messi pictured in Madrid
Lionel Messi was pictured in the Spanish capital of Madrid on Thursday, just one day after PSG’s Champions League clash with RB Leipzig.
PSG travelled to Germany for what they likely expected to be a routine win. Leipzig were dead bottom of PSG’s Champions League group and had yet to pick up a win.
The French powerhouse, on the other hand, were sat top of their group after beating fellow favourites, Manchester City, 2-0 last month.
However, PSG would be forced to settle for a share of the spoils in Germany as a late Dominik Szoboszlai penalty cancelled out a somewhat surprising brace from former Liverpool midfielder, Georginio Wijnaldum.
– “Are you going to score?”
– “Are you sure?”
– “I never miss!”
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) November 4, 2021
Lionel Messi, though, was not present at the game and, as mentioned above, was then pictured in Madrid the day after the clash in Germany:
🚨🚨 EXCLUSIVA #JUGONES 🚨🚨
💥 MESSI ESTÁ EN MADRID
— El Chiringuito TV (@elchiringuitotv) November 4, 2021
Why Lionel Messi was spotted in Madrid
Now though, an explanation for Lionel Messi being in Madrid has been provided.
As per Spanish outlet Marca, discomfort in his left knee has plagued Messi of late and, in hopes of solving his problem, the former Barcelona star has been visiting a regenerative therapy clinic in Madrid.
Despite his issues, however, Marca add that Messi will be available for Argentina during the November international break which starts next week.
- Man United among trio of PL heavyweights ‘monitoring’ Brighton’s Ben White
- What It Takes to Succeed in a Business Partnership
- MSK Zilina vs Dila Gori live streaming: Watch Europa Conference League First qualifying round online
- El Nino ‘could be as bad as 1998’
- The latest on Thiago Alcantara ahead of Liverpool vs West Brom
- Falling on the moon: How much gravity do astronauts really need?