Aguero subbed early on home debut
Barcelona’s clash with Alaves was supposed to mark the end of Ronald Koeman’s reign in charge, with Sergi Barjuan in the dugout.
However, it took on significance for an altogether more serious incident.
Just before half-time, and with the scores at 0-0, Sergio Aguero was substituted, with it later emerging that this was due to chest discomfort which he had felt during the clash.
Barcelona confirm that Sergio Aguero has been admitted to hospital for a cardiac exam after he experienced chest discomfort during their game against Alaves.
Get well soon Sergio 🙏 pic.twitter.com/o2lbKBmPZT
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) October 30, 2021
As a result, he was rushed to hospital for tests to be conducted on the Argentine star, and former Manchester City legend.
Diagnosis is in
Now, under 24 hours from the event, it appears that there could be further repercussions for the forward. The tests, as per Veronica Brunati, revealed that Aguero suffered with Cardiac arrhythmia, a disorder that affects the recipients heart-rate.
🚨 BREAKING: Sergio Aguero 🇦🇷 been diagnosed with a cardiac arrhythmia, that is, a heart rhythm rate disorder . In this way, the ‘Kun’ will be carried out more in-depth studies to continue analyzing the Argentine’s state of health. #Barca
— Football Transfers (@Transferzone00) October 31, 2021
As per the update, Aguero will now be used to carry out more tests in order to try and ascertain the severity of the issue. With his time in Barcelona already marred by injury, it is a further unfortunate turn of events for El Kun.
However, with the case of Christian Eriksen still front and centre after Euro 2020, it is clearly better to be safe and cautious with these things, even if it does force Barca to wait longer to see their summer signing in action.
Depay closes on Leo Messi, but Xavi facing a potential crisis as three more Barcelona stars injured in Alaves draw
- Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson aiming to keep performing at highest level for next six or seven years
- How Blog Content Can Grow Your Lead List
- Another season on the fringes? Donny van de Beek’s agent confirms midfielder has no guarantees over playing time at Man United
- Brazil’s economy enters recession
- Chelsea boss Lampard on Christian Pulisic’s fitness and possibility of resting Timo Werner vs Sheffield United
- 10 best midfielders to pick for your 2021/22 Fantasy Premier League side