10262021

Chelsea are reportedly not interested in Bayern Munich’s David Alaba


Chelsea are reportedly not interested in Bayern Munich’s David Alaba

No Alaba for Chelsea

Despite conflicting reports, news has surfaced that Chelsea are not interested in Bayern Munich’s David Alaba and the player has ‘no plans’ to speak with the London club in January.

The Austrian defender’s contract runs out at the end of the current season and has so far failed to agree a new deal with the European champions. Bayern have reportedly removed their latest offer from the table and look to have given up hope in renewing their academy graduate.

Reports surfaced towards the end of last week that Alaba was indeed a possible target of Chelsea and talks would take place next month.

However, Sky Germany have reported today that their sources have said that there is no such situation. “As of now, 95 percent of Alaba will not be a Chelsea FC player next summer,” said Sky transfer expert Max Bielefeld.

With Christian Falk, Head of Football at BILD in Germany, a reliable source of information regarding German football news being contradicted, it will be interesting to see which outlet appears correct in just over a month’s time.

Alaba unhappy

An interesting interview with Alaba conducted by Sky Germany revealed that Bayern had attempted to use Alaba in a possible future swap deal. The Austrian defender has been with the club throughout his career having come through the academy.

Speaking with the German outlet he said, “After the second or third conversation, I got a call and was asked if I could imagine a swap deal. What I’ll say about: That’s probably a slap in the face at some point.”

Chelsea are reportedly not interested in Bayern Munich’s David Alaba

ROEDINGHAUSEN, GERMANY – OCTOBER 30: Players, David Alaba, Meritan Shabani, Thomas Mueller, Sandro Wagner, Javi Martinez and Niklas Suele of Bayern Muenchen clebrtae vicotry after the DFB Cup match between SV Rodinghausen and FC Bayern Munich at Hacker-Wiehenstadion on October 30, 2018 in Roedinghausen, Germany. (Photo by Christof Koepsel/Bongarts/Getty Images)

“This respect and the appreciation I was looking for when contract negotiations started have not gone in the right direction. It’s now been a year since then, at a time when the coronavirus was still very far away.”

When he was asked as to whether he could envisage himself remaining at the club he was reluctant to provide a clear answer.

“I’m not thinking about that. I’ve only found out about it from the news yesterday evening and haven’t had time to think. We’ll see what happens in the future.”

Alaba again confirmed to be target for Chelsea as Liverpool look set to miss out on defensive reinforcement

‘Plan to start talks in January’ – David Alaba to Chelsea links ramp up


This article was edited by
Josh Barker.



Source link

What Next?

Recent Articles