Scotland number eight Josh Strauss has been ruled out of the rest of the Six Nations campaign through injury.
It represents a second injury blow for the Scots after captain Greig Laidlaw was also ruled out of the remainder of the championship.
Strauss, 30, suffered a kidney injury during the 22-16 defeat by France.
Strauss will now return to his club Glasgow Warriors for further care and a review of the injury will be scheduled in approximately six weeks’ time.
“After completing the [French] match, he was scanned in Paris,” said Scottish Rugby. “Both the scan, and the player, were reviewed back in Scotland, where the full extent of the injury was confirmed.”
More to follow.
- UK red squirrels carry ‘a form of leprosy’ – scientists
- Emissions ‘far above’ 2C target
- Chelsea want to keep Diego Costa this summer despite Atletico Madrid interest
- Russian, Italian, US astronauts head for International Space Station
- Rogers LTE-Advanced rolls out to boost video streaming
- Pylons ‘to go’ from four beauty spots